A whimsical drawing of Sixth Avenue in Pittsburgh. Cars, bikes, a bus, pedestrians and a kayak make their way up or down Sixth Avenue under the gaze of the Duquesne Club, Trinity Cathedral, First Presbyterian Church of Pittsburgh, Granite Building, EQT Plaza, K&L Gates Center, Wood St Galleries and the Wood St. T Station.
In 2016 The Duquesne Club purchased a 22″ X 30″ print of this drawing from the artist. The Duquesne Club was founded in 1873. The club’s present home, a Romanesque structure designed by Longfellow, Alden & Harlow on Sixth Avenue in downtown Pittsburgh, was opened in 1890; an addition designed by Janssen & Cocken that included a garden patio, barbershop, and new kitchens was constructed in 1931. The building achieved landmark status from the Pittsburgh History and Landmarks Foundation in 1976, and was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1995. The Club voted to admit women for the first time in its history in 1980.
The Episcopal Diocese of Pittsburgh previously purchased 8 1/2 x 11″ prints for their archive and offices.
Copyright 2016 Carol Skinger